Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My Weekly Diary

Week 1 - I spent working out in a hotel and trying to eat healthy. Bands when traveling allow a high number of reps, but I really prefer weights.

Week 2 - Added an inch to both biceps and thighs, 17" biceps and 25" thighs on 2/8. Strength is down, cannot do as many push ups and pull ups as I did in week 1.

Week 3 - Added another 1/2 inch to biceps. Feeling lean and in shape, flexibilty has vastly improved, along with strength, which is now much better than week 1.

Week 4 - Rest week, missing the muscle building exercises, but really like the core workout, ready for week 5

Week 5 - Spent in Las Vegas at trade shows and exercising in the hotel room. Lots of additional walking and standing, but also some late nights. Diet was as good as possible, other than an occasional sugar free red bull with vodka.

Week 6 - Started playing hockey again. Performance in hockey was outstanding but really drained the energy. seems as though being in better shape has allowed me to push harder but that has also resulted in more muscle soreness after.

Week 7 - Great week! really pushing my last week before resting up next week for the last week of Phase 2.

Week 8 - Another trade show week, exercising in the hotel room. Tried the exercise room in the hotel, drew some spectators that were all interested, but felt that their travel wouldn't work with the program.

Week 9 - Getting great results judging by my 60 day photos, very noticeable difference. Friendly competition on the Team Performance thread has kept me motivated, focused, and pushing play. Only 1.5% more body fat to lose to reach goal!! Weight is going up, while fat % is going down!!! Dropped the carbs due to travel and felt it....whoa, time to move them back up!

Week 10 - Starting my evolution into coaching. Still feeling the burn, switching between Phase 1 and Phase 2 workouts really has the muscles confused!

Week 11 - Great results this week. Another week involving travel. Had an insurance test on Friday for Super Premium rates, at 6'1" needed to weigh under 200lbs, which I did a few weeks ago until I added all of this muscle. So I had a salad last night for dinner and drank very little water before the weigh in....tough to do on a legs/back day (108 pullups!!). Came in under on my scales, but 1lb over on theirs....unfortunately, the height measurement was really strange - Dr.'s office and my tape measure says 6'1", but the nurses tape measure said 5'11" - now I know where all of the weight went.

No comments: