Friday, April 4, 2008

Status

Okay, where am I now? After all of the travel, exercising in various hotel chains, trying to remain flexible because I gave up the first class seat and sat in the middle seat in coach so I could get home 90 minutes earlier.......I'm good! We have a group of us going through the same fitness program that are competing and pushing each other for results, and even with all of the travel inconveniences, I would say my chances of winning are still as good as anybody else's. Sure some may have been in worse shape to begin with, so they are going to show more dramatic results, but at the end of the day, who is in the best shape at the end?



I've lost around 30lbs (updated 5/2/08), but I don't really focus on the scale too much. I'm trying to build lean muscle so I can stay thin for the rest of my life. No more bouncing around for this guy. On one side of the family I have blood sugar issues to watch, on the other I have poor knees due to large frames (being kind here). Let's face it, us farm boys know how to clean a plate! I finally found a program that I can live with and maintain - yes, it is a challenge every day, but that is why it works for me.

As I stated, the scale doesn't tell me as much as my fat caliper and workout log do.

Here's the physical results to date (I'll try to keep this updated):




......and straight from my workout log:

Day 40 during Back/Legs routine: 52 pullups

Day 47 during Back/Legs routine: 67 pullups

Day 61 during Back/Legs routine: 82 pullups

Day 68 during Back/Legs routine: 100 pullups


Day 82 during Back/Legs routine: 120 pullups

Day 105 during Back/Legs routine: 146 pullups


I think the results speak for themselves. I have seen that everyone is different. I dropped weight very rapidly on every diet, while my wife struggles. Very frustrating to her, but at the same time, I can also add it back on quicker!!

No comments: