Friday, April 10, 2009

Just Breath!

Okay, it sounds easy and we do it without thinking, but sometimes it's not quite that simple. It really helps to relax us when we are stressed out; a few long slow ones will do wonders, as well as in yoga. But other times different methods are required.

Yesterday, I talked about the difficulties of the Kettle Bell Two Handed Swing - the chest pumping, full out assault on the cardio system that will push my pulse up to 200 and requires twice as long for it come back down. Well, guess what, I did a little research and learned a new way to breath. My normal 50 swings today were a breeze. I was scrambling to catch my breath all the way through 50 swings each time. The down swing was not allowing me enough time to inhale and the upswing was not allowing me enough time to exhale. It was similar to running a 800 meter (yeah right) sprint while hyperventilating! No wonder I was seeing pretty colors!

Now I explode the Kettle Bell up with my exhale, and get a full inhale on the downswing. 50 swings felt like a joke today, all 4 sets. I understand how my P90X coach's coach did 500+ swings now. Personally, that will never happen for me - I can't count that high ;)

The two pood arrives on Monday - I hope the UPS guy is a P90X graduate!

Happy Easter and stick to the real eggs!!

No comments: