Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Become a Role Model!

Debbie Siebers - "Stuck in a rut? Why not try being a role model for someone else? Sometimes putting yourself into this position is just what you need to kick-start your own motivation. It is amazing how much you affect everyone around you in such a positive way when you're making changes, especially to your health and the way you look. Taking the responsibility to help someone else—because you know you will—will also inspire you to do your best. The realization that you can motivate and inspire others is powerful medicine. Use it! You'll make the world around you a better place."

For me this has been great advice! I'm all about accountability, as this blog proves ( do any of us want people to see us at our worst?). I think it would be hard to take fitness advice from somebody that looked like me back in January 2008. Since I became a coach last month, I have really turned it up a notch. It has helped me get past that 60 day point in my first 90 days when I was knocking at the door of my goals and losing my motivation and intensity.


Now, in round two, I have really moved into another level of "bringing it". My intensity in each workout is at its peak and I owe it all to being a role model for others. I truly am struggling at the moment to find a personal goal - I've passed my intial goal of dropping below 10% body fat by dropping thirty pounds - it did take me 13 weeks, but that week in Kansas for Disaster Relief living on chicken fried steak was a forgiveable setback. Now with my wife going through round one, as I go through round two, I really can't let up. I'm sure that wouldn't help her. As a side benefit, I now also have enough clients under me that the entire program, including my recovery drink, supplements, and protein bars are free.....there goes the tax write-off!

Currently, I'm setting a goal of twenty pull ups in each set. On my legs/back workout there are eight sets of pull ups. I'm currently at one hundred and twenty for the workout, pretty good, considering in week one, I was able to eight. My first set is also a very strong twenty-four pull ups, much better than the twelve I had to do for Marines twenty-five years ago.

If you would like to be a role model for somebody else, please take a look at my links over on the right. Here's the one to get you started: Become a Coach
or if you'd like even more information: http://startafitnessbusiness.com/jeff/


1 comment:

Donna Sundblad said...

Thanks, I might just do that.