Thursday, July 24, 2008

Let's Do That Again!

Hi all! Just finishing up my second 90 day round of P90X! Still pushing play everyday, still eating right for the most part, and still sweating. I've made that mental leap that is so difficult at first. My reasons for not exercising where the usual, all circulating around just not enough time in the day. I've gotten past that and put my priorities in place. Its also amazing how much more time I have now that I'm jumping out of bed early in the morning, eating six meals a day, and continuing to do everything that I did in the past, plus maybe a bit more. Quitting smoking probably added in the most time to my day, as well as my life.

I dropped down to a low of 190 lbs during this phase, 35lbs from where I started at the beginning of February, believe it or not, I thought I was too skinny. Fortunately, the dairy down the street has the world's best ice cream, and just as fortunately, they are only open in the summer. I'm now maintaining my ideal weight range of 195-200lbs. When I hit 200lbs, I buy the kids Italian ice to eat at home, when I hit 195 lbs its off to the dairy we go. Otherwise, I maintain my normal balanced diet with one cheat day per week. I'm not a big advocate of scale watching, especially for those early into any exercise program, but after 6 months, my system is pretty stable. I do watch the fat caliper for the most part, and sticking in the 9-11% range is where I look and feel the best.

This week is another recovery week for me, which means no weights, and lots of stretching. I had gone from 8 pull ups per hour to 200 pull ups per hour, and 3 pull ups in one set to 28 pull ups in one set. But now, I'm suffering from a nasty case of tendinitis for almost 4 weeks. I keep thinking it is gone, and then a s soon as I push it starts me back at day one, so a two weeks away from pull ups and curls should do the elbow some good. After this extended recovery period, I am going on to the the X+, and instead of the classic, my wife and I are going for the lean routine. At my age, there really isn't any need for me to keep adding muscle, unless I just want to keep buying clothes, so lean it is to help our fitness levels even further.

Wish us luck!

I really haven't mentioned much about my wife Melissa's progress. She's a bit shy when it comes to posting her photos or results, so we'll just say that she is definitely in the best shape of her life and her photos really prove the effort. Her results on the scale are like most women's in the first 90 days, disappointing. But she has dropped nearly 10% body fat and it shows!

Lastly, I am loving being a Beach Body coach! Sure the discount and commission are nice and help to make this program free, and now even profitable, but the biggest thing for me is the motivation that I get by helping others. I think it has helped me get past that thought this is a 90 day program and it is truly a life long routine. I love it!

No comments: