Wednesday, October 22, 2008

REAL Results

You can use most any measure
When you're speaking of 'Success'.
You can measure it in fancy home,
Expensive car or dress.

But....the measure of your REAL success
Is the one you can not spend.
It's the way your kids describe YOU
When they're speaking to a friend!- Martin Buxbaum

I love that quote, but at the same time as a parent I know the right thing is not always going to be the most popular thing with my girls - going to bed on time, limiting them to a reasonable amount of treats, etc.

The same can be said for my exercise routine; sure, I could take the easy route, but I'm really happy I haven't. I love seeing these miracle solutions - "do this one thing for only 15 minutes a day and you'll look like this". I wonder if they actually put in the small print that the person shown has never actually used their product.

My 6yr old daughter showed me a picture that she drew of our family - she drew me with big superman muscles, but what made me the happiest was that she drew a smile on my face!

No comments: