Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The 50/50 Project

Okay, I'm 11 months into a 90 day program and I've completely changed my diet, lifestyle, and way of thinking! Back on January 26, I weighed a whopping 225lbs, a few weeks later I was down to 215lbs. Since then I dropped all the way down to 190lbs, and I'm now back up to 208lbs. But don't feel sorry for me, I'm trying to get back to 215lbs while remaining at my current 9% body fat. The math:

At 225lbs I was around 30% body fat or a lean weight (0% fat) of 157.5lbs.
At 190lbs I was at 7% body fat or a lean weight of 177lbs - a loss of 23% body fat or 51.75lbs of fat and a gain of 20lbs of muscle!
My current goal is to get back to my starting weight of 225 but be at 9% body fat which is 207.5lbs for a lean weight or an even 50lbs of muscle gained since day 1! Since I only have about 6 weeks left, and at the most, I can gain 1lb of muscle per week, my anniversary goal is to be at 215lbs.

The real question most people ask is "why?" Quite simply, I feel the best that I have ever felt! Playing hockey or playing with the kids, I have energy and a more positive mood overall. Sure there are days when I'm tired, usually after Friday night hockey when I get home very late and then the dog barks in the middle of the night and I get up to do some kickboxing at 4:30am....doesn't everybody? But overall, I'm a very happy and positive person compared to where I was just one year ago. So this current goal is motivation to keep going. I guess most people would say "you feel good everyday, you look good, so why keep pushing?" Not me, for me it is truly a matter of al or nothing. I've never been good at doing something halfway. For me to mentally engage, I have to push it!

So, perhaps you're reading this and somehow missed the other 11 or so months of my ramblings. Here's the basic formula that I used to get where I am today:

FEB-APR: Round 1 P90X Classic, nutritionally followed the P90X suggested diet as well.
MAY-JUL: Round 2 P90X Classic, nutritionally stayed in a Phase 2 P90X diet
AUG: Ten Minute Trainer Series, my body needed a break after 6 months straight of the X, P90X Phase 3 diet
SEP-NOV: P90X+, Bodybuilder diet - Sun-Fri: 3000 Calories, 300g Protein, 150g Carbs; Saturday: 4000 Calories, 300g Protein, 450g Carbs.
DEC- : Primal Efforts: A complete mix of P90X, X+, 1on1, and TMT. Bodybuilder diet

It seems to be working. Pants are still loose, and muscles are growing. I could use some more leg routines probably, but I do play hockey twice a week when possible. Arms, chest, shoulders, and back are all showing noticeable improvements. Let me know if you have any questions or if you are ready to start your own P90X journey!

No comments: