Friday, April 17, 2009

Kettle Bell Goal Accomplished.

I hit my goal of 200 two handed swings today with my 70 lb. kettle bell, along with 3 sets of presses and flys at different angles, before my MRI for a pinched inguinal nerve (I hope).

After failing to hit my goal of 200 on Wednesday I wasn't going to quit until I did it today. I thought I had mastered the breathing technique. After the 3rd set of 50 swings, I wasn't sure I'd make another set. I was doing as I had learned from watching you tube videos, exploding the air out and virtually pushing the Kettle Bell up. After each of the first three sets I was left gasping for air at 50, usually after I put the kb down. The 4th set today, I just relaxed and breathed almost normally but in tempo with the swings. At the end I was barely winded, almost disappointed. I'm sure you know what I mean. I had anticipated failure, almost expected it. So much so, that when the success was easy, I felt a sense of let down....of course, not so much that I needed to attempt another 50.

This week regime was focused on variation and explosive power:

Monday - Tony Horton's One on One - Just Arms
Tuesday - Tony Horton's One on One - Bun Shaper (still feeling this one when I sit down!)
Wednesday - Kettle Bells and Shoulders
Thursday - Tony Horton's One on One - Plyo Legs
Friday - Kettle Bells and Chest
Tomorrow - Tony Horton's One on One - Fountain of Youth Yoga

1 comment:

Diet Plan said...

getting in shape is too difficult but it must be there as it is too important.